Sunday 9 May 2021

Celebrate

 Hello lovely crafters. Hope all is well with you.


I love embossing folders but feel I don't use them enough. So I decided to have a little play and try some different techniques.



 This 3D folder (Blooming Peony) from Lisa Horton is fast becoming my favourite. I was very impressed with the depth of embossing and decided to further highlight the flowers by going over them with a white Spectrum Noir pigment ink pad. I think this technique  brings even more life to the image.


I didn't want to cover up too much of the embossed area with a topper etc so I die cut a heart (MB)  and a sentiment (Poppystamps), layering each one several times for more dimension. I framed it all with Lisa Horton Stitched Scalloped Squares. It's hard to make out but the heart and sentiment are covered with Sparkle glitter pen and a couple of pearls finish it all off.

Challenges:


Thanks for popping by and any comments you leave.

Happy crafting.

Fatima
xxx



6 comments:

  1. Really beautiful! Love how you highlighted the embossing with white to make them stand out even more! A truly stunning creation!
    Thanks so much for joining in at my Crafty Wednesday challenge this month where it's all about "blooming beautiful" or "anything goes". Hope to see you back there again soon!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is beautiful.That embossing folder is beautiful too. I love how you made the embossing pop with the white ink pad. Thanks for playing along with us at Let's Craft and Create. Deanna DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, such a lovely effect. I don't use my EF enough either. Emma

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty, so delicate, love the soft white shading! Thank you for sharing your card with us at the Paper Funday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful card Fatima, I just love that embossing folder.Thank you for joining our challenge at
    Let's Craft and Create this week and good luck.. Ursula Uphof DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful - love how you've emphasised the embossing.

    Thanks for sharing it with us at the Aud Sentiments Challenge Blog.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete