Saturday 9 March 2019

Happy Birthday paper pieced flowers

Hello crafters. Hope all is well.

As soon as I saw the die used in today's card, I knew I wanted to try this technique of piecing the flowers with different colours. It took a bit of time cutting the die in different colours (this time I chose light, spring colours) and then putting the petals back - it's a good job I enjoy jigsaw puzzles!

 I'm quite pleased with the effect and of course I've got the different coloured die cut frames which will hopefully feature in future projects. 


Items used:

Dies: Lisa Horton, Hunkydory, Paper Boutique
Ribbon, button, gem

Challenges:

Crafty Cardmakers #228 Flowers
Paper Shelter #373 Spring
Fab n Funky #430 Spring colours
Creative Knockouts #288 die cuts/ punches
Cut it Up #169 Hello Spring

Thanks for popping by and any comments.

Happy crafting

Fatima
xxx

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful, very pretty in the pastels, the inset pieces work really well, worth the effort. Emmax

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colors are gorgeous, and I bet you had a blast putting that together! I love doing that.

    Thanks for joining us for our Cut it Up for our Welcome Spring challenge!

    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty. Thanks for joining us at The paper shelter this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So gorgeous! The background is stunning ! Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky challenge.Neva

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous Fatima, and always good when you get other pieces that you can use up later.
    Thank you for entering my Flower challenge at CCM.
    Hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful card Fatima, lovely colours - so pretty.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty pink and pastel....the best of spring! Thank you for joining the fun at The Paper Shelter Challenge! Please join us again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful card that reminds me of spring. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful floral creation Fatima. I love paper piecing and yours look brilliant. Shabneez x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is just lovely with the soft spring colors!
    Thanks for sharing on Cut It Up!

    ReplyDelete